- Grease a brownie pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
- Mix dry ingredients: Almond flour, baking powder, pecans (if using) and salt. Set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients: To the melted butter add sweetener and mix for 1-2 minutes until it's incorporated. The add the almond milk, vanilla extract and eggs and mix well. Finally add in the "Nutella" and mix it all well.
- Fold the wet into the dry and don't over mix...just until everything is incorporated well.
- Put the batter in the brownie/cake pan and bake for 25 minutes. Test the doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean then it's baked. **Bake less for goo-ey brownies**
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes prior to cutting in squares.
PRO TIP** Best stored in a air tight container in the fridge up to 7 days. You can even freeze these in an air-tight container and just defrost the night before in the fridge.
After it is in the fridge, try heating the brownie for a few seconds in the microwave for a warm brownie bite!
Don't forget to tag us on social media with your masterpieces!
Keto/Low carb "Nutella"
Low-Carb "Nutella Spread" Brownies
2 cups Hazelnuts
2/3 cup Powdered erythritol or any you like (can use more or less to taste)
1/4 cup Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1-2 tbsp Avocado oil (or any mild liquid oil of choice)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the hazelnuts in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 8-10 minutes, until they are browned and fragrant. Do not over roast.
- Remove loose skins from hazelnuts. (You can do this by rubbing the hazelnuts inside a folded towel.)
- Place the hazelnuts in a high-power blender and process for 1-3 minutes, scraping the sides as needed, until the nuts begin to release oil and then form a smooth nut butter.
- Add the powdered erythritol, cocoa powder, avocado oil, and vanilla extract. Process until the spread is smooth and glossy.
NOTE: If the spread is thicker than you would like, you can add a little more avocado oil, a teaspoon at a time, and process again, until you reach the desired consistency. Taste to adjust the sweetness to your liking!
1 cup almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp almond milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup erythritol (adjust to your taste)
1 cup "Nutella"
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Salt
Chopped Pecans or nut of choice - optional
If you are the only person on this planet who doesn't like Nutella, this recipe isn't for you!
I LOVE everything Nutella and all things hazelnuts! Unfortunately on a low carb diet Nutella is one of the things which falls under the "NOT ALLOWED" list...so sad isn't it? Well my Nutella lovers, be sad no more! Make this amazingly delicious "Nutella-less" Nutella Brownies and treat yourself to a guilt-free indulgence.
*PRO TIP* Make extra spread to smear it on our LOW-CARB Bun...it's heavenly!
got BALLZ Inc. | Toronto, ON, Canada |